I don’t think the recipes on this blog represent how much Matt likes bacon. So it’s probably no surprise BLTs are a quick dinner staple in this household. I was inspired by The Pioneer Woman’s Monster BLT and her chipotle mayo. But we had some tortillas laying around that needed to be used up and I’m on a bit of a wrap kick, so we made tacos and burritos out of one of our favorite sandwiches!
This was a fun twist on the BLT with a bit of a kick. I used the same frozen chipotles in adobo trick here so that I didn’t waste a whole can on one recipe. It was amazing with crispy bacon and garden tomatoes.
A trick for crispy bacon without as much mess: bake it! Matt lined a sheet tray with tinfoil and baked the bacon at 425F. He started to check it at about 10 minutes and then checked it every 1-2 minutes until it looked nice and crispy. The length will depend on the thickness of the bacon and how much you make.
For 2 servings
- 4 soft taco shells or 2 burrito wraps
- 1-2 TBSP mayo
- 1-2 TBSP sour cream
- ½ tsp chipotles in adobo (You could use more or less depending on your preference and heat tolerance)
- About 1 cup chopped lettuce
- About 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- About 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 5 strips of bacon crisped and chopped (Or more or less to your liking)
Spread your desired amount of chipotle mayo on the base of your tortilla. Layer on the lettuce, tomato, cheese, and bacon.