This salad was developed by the fabulous Tina. She is one of my Mom’s very close friends and for my high school graduation party (and each of my siblings) she made a salad for us and named it after us. But I have to say – I think mine is the best!
It is a very versatile vinaigrette based pasta salad. It does not contain mayo, which makes it great for get togethers where it might sit out a little. I also like that it is chock-full of briny olives and cheese!
Matt doesn’t really care for olives so he’s not a fan of the Amanda Salad. He suggested I recreate the Amanda Salad as a potato salad instead. I told him that was silly because I love my salad and told him we would have to create a Matthew Salad instead which could have potato in it. He was pretty excited about that, I envision a bacon vinaigrette dressing based potato salad, but I think that is a recipe for a latter day.
- 1 can drained sliced black olives
- 1 can drained and chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 lb bowtie pasta cooked al dente and rinsed to cool
- 1 pint sliced cherry tomatoes
- several tablespoons pesto to taste
- zesty Italian dressing to coat the pasta
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
Mix all ingredients and serve. I often make it a day ahead of time to allow the pasta and flavors to combine. If the pasta is a little dried out the next day I just add a little extra zesty dressing.